Moist, yummy and scrumptious muffins that are high in fibre and full of vitamins and nutrients!
2 egg replacer or flax eggs (1 tbsp flax seeds mixed with 3 tbsp water – let it sit for 10 to 15 min)
1/2 cup agave syrup
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup chilled applesauce
4 tablespoons of olive oil
1/2 cup sorghum flour
1/2 cup brown rice flour
1/2 cup tapioca starch
1/2 tsp xanthum gum
1 1/2 cups of gluten-free oat bran
1/2 cup walnuts or vegan chocolate chips (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 12 muffin cups.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together. Whisk together the wet ingredients and fold the dry ingredients into the wet mixture.
- Add in the chocolate chips if you wish.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins and place 2-3 walnuts on top of each muffin and bake for 20-22 minutes until golden brown.
- Let it stand for 10 minutes then remove the muffins from the tins and allow to cool on a cooling rack.